The Coronavirus situation and information is evolving rapidly and we are evaluating our precautionary measures and processes along with the latest advice.
Update March 15th 2020 - PLEASE NOTE THAT DUE TO EQUIPMENT TESTING SHORTAGES, WE ARE NOT TESTING FOR COVID-19 UNLESS YOU MEET THE STRICT CRITERIA AS OUTLINED BY THE CDNA NATIONAL GUIDELINES.
We are currently screening all patients attending the clinic.
If you have recently returned from overseas travel and are unwell (with a fever, cough, breathing difficulties, sore throat, runny nose) you will not be able to attend the clinic.
Likewise if you have been in contact with a confirmed case and are unwell, you will not be able to attend the clinic.
We also ask that if you are experiencing flu-like symptoms that you contact us on 1300 637 832 before attending the clinic so that we can continue our screening process and implement appropriate infection control measures.
If you have any further queries please contact the Coronavirus Hotline number - 1800 675 398.
And refer to the latest information at - https://www2.health.vic.gov.au/about/news-and-events/healthalerts/2019-Coronavirus-disease--COVID-19#
Ten ways to reduce your risk of coronavirus:
- Wash hands often with soap and running water, for at least 20 seconds. Dry with paper towel or hand dryer.
- Try not to touch your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. If you don’t have a tissue cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow.
- Isolate yourself at home if you feel sick. If you take medication ensure you have adequate supplies.
- Phone your GP first if you need medical attention. They will tell you what to do.
- Continue healthy habits: exercise, drink water, get plenty of sleep, and now is the time to quit smoking. Call the Quitline 137 848.
- Don't wear a face mask if you are well.
- Buy an alcohol-based hand sanitiser with over 60 per cent alcohol.
- Get the flu shot (available April).
- Shaking hands is optional!